Lamar University Homecoming Sept 28
The 2019 Homecoming Parade is the centerpiece of a fun day of live music, tailgating, family activities, and Cardinal football. Gather around the judges' viewing area on Lavaca Street or at Cardinal FanFest in the Montagne Center Parking Lot A-5 for great views of the passing parade.
This year's parade features:
· Maxine Johnston as Grand Marshal
· The LU Marching Band, "The Showcase of Southeast Texas"
· High school marching bands and auxiliaries
· Homecoming Court contestants
· LU Cheerleaders, Dance Team, and spirit groups
· Creative floats by LU student organizations, alumni, and community members
PARKING AND ROUTE
See the Spectator Parking Map for free public parking and the best spots to view the parade. The parade begins at the corner of Jimmy Simmons Boulevard and East Lavaca Street and travels:
· East on E. Lavaca
· South on the MLK feeder
· Across the Virginia overpass
· North on the MLK feeder
· Ends at MLK and Lavaca
Enjoy Cardinal FanFest, Big Red's Ride Classic & Antique Car Show, and Art Extravaganza before and after the parade. Shuttle buses run between events. See Schedule of Events for more information.
Show your Cardinal Spirit and join us in the Parade! Registration is now open for all:
· LU Student Organizations
· LU Offices and Departments
· LU Alumni
· Community groups
Build a float, decorate your truck, show off your vintage ride, or gather your group to show the world "We Are LU!"